Ever get the itch to do a DIY project? Whenever we do, our favorites involve getting outdoors and mixing up our landscaping features. Whether it's as simple as installing some lighting or a
10 Tips To Get Offers Fast!
Open Houses and Showings
As your listing agent team, we will hold Open Houses and schedule showings for you. It is important to make a great first impression! Potential buyers need to envision how they will live, work, and enjoy using the home. We have found that simple staging and decluttering makes your home sell faster and for more money.
1. Declutter: It is easier for buyers to envision themselves in your space when there are less items. If you have plenty of storage start putting things away but if you don’t start packing! You don’t want your closet falling down with things when buyers open doors plus it looks like you don’t have enough storage, so they won’t either.
2. Hire a Maid: Buyers will notice you haven’t dusted the base boards since you moved in. Hire a cleaning service to do a “move out” clean so your home is spotless.
4. Neutralize odors: Living in a home you get used to the smells. Ask your REALTOR or friend for a nose check. Shampoo your carpets if needed. For showings make sure your pets are in crates or out of the house.
5. Make repairs: Buyers are looking for imperfections, so they can justify a lower price, so fix that leaky faucet, change out burned-out light bulbs, and any other noticeable maintenance issues. They will come up during the home inspection.
6. Buy new towels: Spruce up your kitchen and bathroom for your guests with plush linens.
7. Set the table: Stage your eating nook or dining room table for a nice meal to encourage buyers to imagine what it would be like to entertain in the house.
8. Enhance curb appeal: Cut your lawn, weed your beds and/or add flowers. Small landscaping changes can make a big first impression when buyer drive by your home.
9. Organize cabinets and drawers: Buyers are going to look at every nook and cranny.
10. Leave: Buyers feel more comfortable asking questions to your agent and expressing their thoughts with the homeowner present. So out for an errand or walk around the block.